The Arctic and Small Island Developing States Call for Papers
Two Workshops at University College London
Two workshops are being held at University College London, U.K.:
1. “Arctic Change”, 20-21 October 2015, leading to a book or journal issue (participants will discuss and decide).
2. “Small Island Developing States and Climate Change”, 24-25 May 2016, leading to 1-2 journal issues and together with a panel proposal for “Anthropology, Weather and Climate Change” 27-29 May https://www.therai.org.uk/conferences/anthropology-weather-and-climate-change- 2016
Please submit a maximum 300-word abstract (plus listing up to five citations) for either workshop (or both) by 15 August to Ilan Kelman email@example.com
For each workshop:
- (a) Up to 20 proposals will be selected. The workshop format will be that draft
papers are briefly presented and then critiqued through detailed discussion in
order to give feedback for the book and journal issues.
- (b) Food will be provided for each workshop, but apologies that neither travel nor
accommodation could be covered. There is no registration fee.
- (c) Up to 3 attendees will be asked to present on a panel for a public event one
- (d) A limited number of others may attend the workshop and participate in
The workshops are run by the UCL Global Governance Institute, the UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction, the UCL Institute for Global Health, and Many Strong Voices http://www.manystrongvoices.org